Prof Hans Maurer
Saarland University, Germany
View bio here
Prof Rose Hayeshi
North-West University, South Africa
View bio here
Click here for the downloadable programme.
Sunday 7 October 2018
Delegates included in registration fee.
R350 additional fee for accompanying persons
Young Scientist Social Function (Sponsored by Axiology)
Monday 8 October 2018
Tuesday 9 October 2018
Nooitgedacht Estate, R304, Koelenhof, Stellenbosch
R650 per person attending
Guidelines for Oral presentations
- The time allotted for oral presentations is strictly 15 minutes (10 minutes presentation, 4 minutes for questions and 1 minute for switching speakers). The presentations will be judged by a panel consisting of national as well as international specialists. English will be the language for all oral and poster presentations. The chairperson will request you to stop your presentation if you exceed your allocated time.
- Unfortunately any delays to your presentation – for example, loading of your presentation at the commencement of your allocated slot – will result in shorter time for your own presentation.
- We will be able to accommodate presentations formatted for both 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios, using VGA and HDMI connections. We will provide a Windows based laptop at the lectern.
Presenting from supplied laptop: We prefer that you provide your presentation on a flash drive (virus-free) along with any media files (i.e. audio/video) that have been included in your presentation – it is best to check that your presentation works on a different computer than the one used to create it. This flash drive is to be handed to the technician in the tea/lunch break preceding your talk at the latest; preferably in the morning of or the day before.
Presenting from your own laptop (not recommended and only when absolutely necessary): If you’d like to present using your own laptop, please allow enough time to check compatibility with our equipment, and any troubleshooting that may need to be undertaken. We recommend testing as soon as possible. If your own laptop does not have an HDMI or VGA port, it is your responsibility to provide the necessary adaptor that will accommodate such a connection. E.g. Thunderbolt to HDMI/VGA for older Macbooks, USB-C to HDMI/VGA for newer Macbooks and Windows laptops.
Guidelines for Poster Presentations
- The poster sessions are scheduled for lunch times and will be divided in sessions. Your scheduled session will be confirmed closer to the time.
- Poster size should be A0 Portrait Orientation. Posterboards will be clearly marked. Please put up your poster before 10:00 on 8 October 2018.